Know an exceptional individual who has made significant contributions to the field of pain?
Nominate them for an Honorary IASP Membership!
IASP is excited to announce the opening of nominations for individuals deserving of Honorary Membership in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the field of pain. We invite you to take part in this prestigious opportunity to nominate someone whose impact on pain research, clinical activities, education, and service to IASP has been truly exceptional. Self-nominations will not be accepted. Nominees must be IASP members.
Honorary IASP Membership Benefits:
1. Lifetime membership to IASP, acknowledging their enduring commitment to the advancement of pain science and management.
To submit a nomination, please follow these steps:
1. Prepare a One-Page CV or Bio Sketch: Highlight the nominee's involvement in and service to IASP, their contributions to pain research, clinical activities, and/or education, as well as their exceptional impact on the field at both national and international levels. Please note that service to IASP is a key consideration for honorary membership.
2. Upload a Letter of Support: Submit a letter signed by two current IASP members endorsing the nomination. This letter should outline the nominee's significant contributions to the field of pain and exemplary service to IASP.
3. Submit your nomination pack in full via Submittable here.
Deadline for Submissions:
The deadline for submitting complete nomination packets is 16 January 2024. Visit the IASP website for a full list of Honorary Members here.
If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact LaToya Archibald at firstname.lastname@example.org
The My Letter to Pain campaign will assist physicians in utilizing their patients’ words to understand their pain, how it impacts their lives, and how they respond to treatment. This campaign aims to bridge the gap between the lived experience of pain and pain research by inviting those with the lived experience to answer a two-part questionnaire. IASP hopes the campaign and stories will:
- Create educational information to help those living with pain.
- Provide individuals the opportunity to tell their stories and express their feelings freely and openly.
- Lead to greater communication between individuals and groups across the pain community.
- Identify directions for future programming and communication efforts.
Each submission remains anonymous unless the submitter chooses to share their details or present.
The first 200 people to take part in the My Letter to Pain Campaign by 14 April will be entered to win one of the following prizes:
- One of 4 $250 USD Amazon Gift Cards
- One of 20 $100 USD Amazon Gift Cards
- One-year subscription to PAIN Reports
- One-year IASP membership and access to all member benefits
- One 2024 World Congress on Pain full registration
For more information, please visit our website.