My Letter to Pain
The My Letter to Pain campaign will assist physicians in utilizing their patients’ words to understand their pain, how it impacts their lives, and how they respond to treatment. This campaign aims to bridge the gap between the lived experience of pain and pain research by inviting those with the lived experience to answer a two-part questionnaire. IASP hopes the campaign and stories will:
- Create educational information to help those living with pain.
- Provide individuals the opportunity to tell their stories and express their feelings freely and openly.
- Lead to greater communication between individuals and groups across the pain community.
- Identify directions for future programming and communication efforts.
Each submission remains anonymous unless the submitter chooses to share their details or present.
The first 200 people to take part in the My Letter to Pain Campaign by 31 March will be entered to win one of the following prizes:
- One of 20 $100 USD Amazon Gift Card
- One-year subscription to PAIN Reports
- One-year IASP membership and access to all member benefits
- One 2024 World Congress on Pain full registration
For more information, please visit our website.